EMERGHERD! EPISODE 15!!
Click here to Download Episode 15
- Welcome Dora!
- Dora’s introduction and bio.
- The Israel ace community.
- Pride parades in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.
- Tel Aviv is the most gay-friendly city in the world!
- LBGTQA rights in Russia.
“Does the Asexual community effect the rest of society? How? Is it “good”?”
- Labels: are they good or bad?
- Fluid Sexuality.
- Why is/is there hostility between the Queer and Asexual communities?
Google Random Word: ‘Asexual Culture’ http://www.examiner.com/article/the-lack-of-an-asexual-culture
- Carrot Cake is not real cake!
- Dexter as an asexual icon.
Facebook ‘Unscrewed & Illuminated’
Last month, our very own Kayleigh was interviewed by the current affairs program, Hack, on the Australian national radio network, Triple J.
The interview, part of Hack’s “Love Week”, was about asexuality.
You can listen to the segment here; Asexuals Party Hardest!
AT LONG LAST!! We present to you Episode 14.
(this was recorded many months ago, but due to life and such we were unable to upload it until now)
Click here to Download Episode 14
- FEEDBACK! We have some!
The Fluid Nature of Sexuality
- How can your sexuality changing affect your identity?
- Kayleigh talks about her own experiences.
- Can it undermine the legitimacy of asexuality / your own sexual identity?
- Sophie talks about her experiences.
- Where can you draw the line on asexuality? Can you?
- What do you do if you think you are no longer asexual?
- Does it mean that you have been ‘cured’?
- Feminine and masculine sexual attraction.
Ariele joins us!
- Ariele shares the experiences of her friend.
-Ariele’s REVELATION (!) *shock* *horror*
- Ariele talks about her own changing sexuality.
- Does your sexuality really change, or has it been that way all along?
Google Random word: ‘Scruple’ http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=251699
- Would homo-romanticism be considered a sin?
- We talk Bible.
You can contact us and become part of the show by:
Facebook: ‘Unscrewed & Illuminated’
Click Here to Download Episode 13
- We’ve won 750, 00 pounds in a lottery!
- People who don’t like to drive parallel asexuals
- MAIN TOPIC: Asexuality on the Outside
- Stereotypes about asexuals.
- Is asexuality a luxury of modern life?
- You’re a NERD!
- Sex = success.
- Are you scared of sex?
- You’re defective!
- It’s wrong; it goes against nature.
- Religious concerns about asexuality.
- Asexuals can’t get it, so they pretend they don’t want it.
- You’re a robot/alien trying to masquerade as a human.
- We talk to a real life sexual; Arielle’s sister Michelle.
- Michelle’s reaction to Ellie’s asexuality.
- Her take on asexuality.
- We ask Michelle some Q&A:
- What does sexual attraction feel like?
- Does it puzzle you that there are people who don’t want sex?
- Kayleigh explains not wanting sex.
- What is it like to be sexual and have an asexual sister?
- How do you know you like sex?
- Michelle talks about boarding school & how it brings out sexual behaviour.
- We get more than a little bit sidetracked listening to the shennanigans that go on at boarding school.
We would like to thank Michelle for coming on the schow and sharing her perpective on asexuality.
Click Here to Download Episode 12
Congratulations to the ace scene in Chicago for being so active!
- New forums to check out.
- The Asexy Place: http://asexyplace.galileoace.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=fd4cca1eddde0e21addc256bc2844259&
- Do asexual forums get replaced by other means of ace community?
- Is the golden age of AVEN over?
- Facebook: The forum killer!
- Asexual dating sites: Do they work?
- Acebook: http://www.ace-book.net/
- Asexualitic: http://www.asexualitic.com/
- Meetups fizzling out.
- We stalk Chris’s dating profile.
- Techniques for making dating sites work for you.
- Shoutout to the London Avenites we met in October
- Asexual blogs with funny names.
- Check out the AVENwiki for a complete list of Ace forums, blogs and social networking and dating sights.
- Why do people leave their local meetup groups, even before attending a meetup?
- Do meetups actually have any relevance to asexuality? What’s the point?
- Wrap up
Apologies, there was a file name issue, I’ve since fixed it.
Click Here to Download Episode 11
Hosts: Sophie, Elle & Amy
- We are BACK!
- Why the long wait; Chris and Sophie’s trip
- Meeting Henrik in Helsinki
- Meeting international AVENites in the UK
- London Meetup at the V&A Museum
- Elle’s meetups in Chicago
- How they went, etc
- Advice on starting meetups
- Elle’s proactivism in the community
- Coming out day
- Elle comes out on Facebook
- Wearing purple clothes
- Finding Yowi in an op shop
- Spirit Day
- Wearing purple on Oct 20th to bring awareness
- The new Asexual Flag! Link
- What we think.
- What it means
- The cake version: Link
- Will people actually use it?
Theme Parks and Legoland
The Asexy Place: Link
Arielle’s asexual comic character: Link
(More shameless self-promotion)
Anyone in the New York metro area interested in a meetup in November? Check out the meetup mart on AVEN!
If you have any suggestions or complaints, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do NOT start obscure AVEN threads with issues about the show.
UNSCREWED AND ILLUMINATED IS NOT AN OFFICIAL AVEN PODCAST
Unscrewed and Illuminated is a podcast run by members of the wider asexual community, whilst many of the participants are members of AVEN, this project has no official ties to AVEN, nor seeks any.
Click Here to Download Bonus Episode 10
A Special Episode for episode 10, we’re light on content (but there is content!) and heavy on random (lots of random!)
Hosts: Sophie, Chris, Kayleigh, Snowy and Jicragg
- Crazy Intro
- Jicragg, as read by Jicragg
- Harassing Jicragg’s cat.
- Chris and Sophie’s Europe Adventure! (Monday!)
- Definitions of a ‘bogan’ and the international equivalent
- Purple Plaid shirt phenomenon begins…or so Sophie thinks
- ‘la la la la la’ Emperor Avagadro Ganz – the 80’s TV show soundtrack!
- Is it possible to be aromantic and sexual?
- Bisexuality on Sex & the City
- Gay marriage: Yes or No?
- The asexual flag debate…
- AVEN: Good or bad?
- Should there be an aromantic subforum?
- Is having an online asexual community the same as having an online community for people who don’t like tennis?
- What it’s like to be an AVEN moderator
- How asexuals feel about gender roles
- Australian vs British accents
- Riding kangaroos and keeping drop-bears
- The Sydney AVENite scene
- ‘I’m a doctor – not an esculator!’
- Is asexuality related through extended families?
- Henrik tells a loooong joke about martians and monks.
We go off the rails to bring you a special bonus episode for our 10th episode! With new hosts Snowy (Gemma) and Jicragg!!
Click Here to Download Episode 9
Hosts: Sophie, Chris, Ellie, and Kayleigh
- Lego M on Anxiety Disorders
- What’s Happening on AVEN?
- Main topic: Asexual Visibility
- Why do we want to be visible as a sexuality?
- How to acheive visibility:
- Asexual Podcasts
- Coming out
- Join the media team! -Contact DJ on AVEN?
- How the hosts discovered they were asexual
- Online visibility
- Asexual Facebook groups
- Random irrelevant Facebook groups
- Chris’ Radio interview
- Google random word: Asexual World
- How asexual relationships are different to sexuals idea of ‘just friends’
- The word asexuality
- Icecreams with connotations of sexuality
- Contact us!
- Twitter: unscrewed_aces
- Facebook ‘Unscrewed & Illuminated’
Sorry for the slight delay. This episode we talk about Visibility! Why, How, Where etc! And we get a lot more use out of our patented tangential discussion generation software (in other words random).
Click Here to Download Episode 8
Hosts: Sophie, Chris, and Henrik
- What’s Happening on AVEN?
- Main topic
- How important is it to have meetups and meet other asexuals in the real world?
- Random Google Word:
- Wrap up
This episode we talk about meetups and relationships and more meetups and more relationships.